About Me

My photo
I am a 24 year old woman who has been battling chronic back and neck pain for the past six years. I am writing this blog to help others and to educate others about Peripheral Nerve Field Stimulation (PNFS) which is a new application for Neuromodulation technology that treats pain. My trial PNFS implant is scheduled for Monday, July 6th, 2009 and the final surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, July 21st, 2009. I will be documenting my journey through the process. _____________________________________

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Surgery Scar Pictures - If you have a weak stomach ... skip this post

Full Shot (8 days after)
Note: The actual lead placement is about 7 inches above the actual incision. On the left, look for the dot at the top of my shoulder. This is where I actually feel the stimulation. It is the same for the upper left lead. I feel the lower left lead approximately where the upper left lead incision is.


Close-up Upper Right Lead (8 days after)



Close-up Upper Left and Lower Left Lead (8 days after)


Lead incisions (8 days after)



Close-up: Lead incisions (8 days after)



Close-up: Battery Impant Site. (8 days after)
The incision is approximately 2.5 inches long where they dug a pocket out to hold the battery.



Battery site (8 days after)

1 comment:

  1. AS A RETIRED SURGEON I REMAIN CONFUSED. DO YOU HAVE ANY MRI OR X-RAYS TO SHOW ANY OF THIS BESIDES THE ONES SHOWING THE LEAD PLACEMENT.
    WHAT WAS YOUR FINAL DIAGNOSIS FOR BEING IN SUCH CONSTANT PAIN. PERHAPS I MISSED IT. HOWEVER I SEE NO SCHOLIOSIS. FROM THE SMALL MRI YOUR DISC SPACE LOOKS ADEQUATE. WHAT AM I MISSING?
    DR. LC- ATLANTA

    ReplyDelete